Lunch & Learns
Grey Owl Engineering offers lunch & learns on the following topics. Our presenters, Dr. Wayne Monnery and Dr. Stephen Ramsay have extensive experience in these fields with hundreds of hours of teaching experience. We welcome all engineering and executive personnel to contact us anytime to schedule an in-house lunch & learn at your company!
Courses by Dr. Stephen Ramsay, GOE:
- Pipeline Integrity
- Methane Hydrate Resources
- Pipeline Optimization
- Heavy Oil Technology of Pipeline Transportation
- Pipeline Risk Management
- Gas Dehydration and Hydrate Inhibition
These courses describe natural gas dehydration methods, focusing on cooling/condensation/separation, liquid desiccant and solid desiccants. The course discusses theory and calculations as well as operation/troubleshooting.
Courses by Dr. Wayne Monnery, GOE:
- Crude Oil Facilities : This course is an overview of the design of crude oil field processing (oil batteries). The course discusses crude oil properties and design inputs and the processing required, along with some basic theory/calculations.
- Gas Dehydration: This course describes natural gas dehydration methods, focusing on cooling/condensation/separation, liquid desiccant and solid desiccant. The course discusses theory and calculations as well as operation/troubleshooting.
- Hydrocarbon Dew Point Control & Liquid Recovery: This course describes natural gas dew point control and liquid recovery. It primarily discusses refrigerated gas plants from simple JT plants to NGL technology. Theory and calculations as well as plant operation/troubleshooting are discussed.
- Gas Sweetening: This course describes natural gas treating methods, focusing on solvent type and scavenger treating methods. The course discusses theory and calculations with some economic considerations as well as operation/troubleshooting.
- Acid Gas Injection: This course describes the compression facility component of acid gas injection. It discusses the physical properties of acid gases and their effect on the process and focuses on water content. Key calculations such as determining discharge pressure are reviewed.
- Gas Gathering: This course discusses basics of pipeline system process design focusing on pressure drop methods and velocity. Calculations and design criteria are discussed.
- Sulphur Recovery: This course covers sulphur recovery by the modified Claus process. Theory (along with chemistry), calculations and operation are covered. The course also discusses tail gas clean up technology and briefly reviews de-gassing.